Monday, October 5, 2009

To Infinity and Beyond

Yes, I am quoting Buzz Lightyear.

For a Grandma this blog business is very much "beyond" what I could have imagined as possible. You see, I grew up with black and white television (no remote control), a rotary dial phone (we had to pay for long distance calls), 8 track tapes( that melted if left in the sun too long), and no microwave (we had to actually wait for the food to cook).

I went to school everyday and obeyed my teacher. I would have never thought about saying a disrespectful word to any adult. In my small town, everyone looked out for each other.

But now it is the 21st Century and I am trying to get with it! I have Facebook, e-mail, a cell phone, and now I am blogging. So forgive me if I feel like Buzz as I explore these new horizons. I just hope I find new friends with encouraging words.

No comments:

Post a Comment